Josephine & Me is committed to safeguarding your personal data. Whenever you provide personal data, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data.
Please read this policy, it explains how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your data.
WHO WE ARE
We are Josephine & Me registered in England with company number 1270 0346.
Our registered office address is: 2 Park Lane, Bretton, Wakefield, England, WF4 4JT and you can write to us at that address.
Our website address is josephineandme.co.uk.
You can also contact us by email on email@example.com.
We are committed to:
- protecting your privacy when you visit our site;
- protecting the confidentiality of any information that you provide to us; and
- being transparent about our collection and use of your personal data.
- Personal data’ is any information that identifies you or can be used to help identify you; for example, your name, email address, IP address or location data.
We do our very best to keep your personal data secure by the implementation of appropriate technical and organisational security measures. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
This policy explains what we do with your personal data, specifically:
- What personal data we collect from you and how we collect it.
- Why we collect it and our legal basis for doing so.
- How we use it.
- Who we share it with.
- Where we store it.
- How long we keep it.
- It also explains what your rights are with regard to your personal data.
References to the “GDPR” are to the General Data Protection Regulation.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
We only ever collect the personal data that we need from you and keep to a minimum the personal data we hold on an ongoing basis.
We collect and process your personal data when you use our website and services. This may be personal data you provide to us, that we collect about you and/or information we receive from other sources.
Information you give us. The personal data you give to us may include:
- your name, postal and email addresses and telephone numbers
- financial and credit card information
We ask you to ensure that the personal data you provide to us is kept up-to-date and therefore please contact us if you need to amend any records we hold of your personal data.
Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- the details of the device you use to access our site;
- your user activity details and preferences;
- your browser history details;
- your location details; and
- your electronic identification data including IP address and information collected through cookies;
Information we receive from other sources. We use approved third parties to provide services to us (for example, sub-contractors in payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
We sometimes combine information that we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information that we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out below.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR DOING SO?
The GDPR requires us to have a legal basis for collecting and using your personal data. The legal basis that we rely on in each case is one of the following:
- you have given us your consent to process your personal data (consent);
- processing your personal data is necessary for us to fulfil a contract entered into with you, or is necessary for us to do things (at your request) prior to us entering into a contract (contract); or
- we have a legitimate organisational interest where we use your personal data in a way that you would reasonably expect, and which has a minimal impact on your privacy (legitimate interests).
The purposes for which we collect and use your personal data are as follows. In each case we have confirmed which legal basis we rely on:
- to register you with our website (legitimate interests);
- to provide you with information about our products in response to your enquiry (contract);
- to provide you with the products you have ordered and to invoice you (contract);
- for assessment and analysis; for example, customer and product analysis purposes. These enable us to review, develop and improve our service to you as well as notifying you of any changes (legitimate interests);
- for direct marketing by email (consent);
- for direct marketing by post (legitimate interests);
(Nb for details of how to object to direct marketing please see the section “Your Rights”)
- to administer our website and for internal operations; including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (legitimate interests);
- as part of our efforts to ensure that our website is kept safe and secure (legitimate interests); or