- Every year, 500 billion plastic bottles are produced worldwide.
- In 2020 we will generate more than 500 million tonnes of plastic, 900% more than in 1980.
- Plastic in the ocean is already more than 150 million tons of waste.
- By 2050, they could contain more plastics than fish.
- Each year around eight million tons of plastic ends up in our seas and oceans.
DO YOU WANT TO HELP SAVE THE PLANT BY REDUCING YOUR PLASTICS CONSUMPTION?
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FROM US OF WAYS TO REDUCE YOUR PLASTICS CONSUMPTION.
- Avoid using drinking through plastic straws.
- Use reusable coffees cups and water bottles.
- Why not try using alternatives to tampons and pads and buy reusable plastic free options.
- When shopping don’t forget a cloth bag.
- Replace plastic Tupperware for glass conatiners.
- Pay attention and make sure you put your plastic in the correct recycling container.
- Choose to reuse and give some of the packaging a new purpose.
- Buy more bulk and fewer packaged products
- Swap liquid soap for bar soaps.
- Make those around you aware of the importance of reducing the consumption of plastic.